INSTAGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
SUBSCRIBE TO SHATAGHANA TV
JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP
The Accra Circuit Court has revealed the factors considered before handing actress Akuapem Poloo her 90 days jail sentence.
The decision of the court to give the actress a custodial sentence has been met with mixed reactions from Ghanaians – with a section supporting it and others against it.
But the court, days after the sentence, has released the full court document and has listed the 13 factors considered before a custodial sentence was handed to her.
14 Reasons Why Akuapem Poloo was sentenced to a 90-day prison term by the court
- The intrinsic seriousness of the offences charged
- The gravity of the offences charged
- The degree of revulsion felt by law-abiding citizens of this country for the crimes committed
- The premeditation with which the criminal plans were executed
- The prevalence of the crime within the Accra Metropolitan Assembly and the country generally
- The sudden increase in the incidence of these crimes
- The age of the accused person’s son and the trauma he is going through in a society where counselling for victims of such criminal act is almost non-existent.
- The court also took into consideration in imposing the sentence, the following mitigating factors;
- The fact that the accused person pleaded guilty to the offences thereby not wasting the time of the court.
- The accused person’s apology on social media after the publication of the nude photograph together with her son.
- The accused person’s show of remorse.
- The fact that the accused person has had no brush with the law.
- The fact that the accused person is a single parent and a mother to a seven-year-old child
- The fact that the accused person is the sole breadwinner of her family.
Check Out Document Below:
Source: Joy News