INSTAGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
SUBSCRIBE TO SHATAGHANA TV
JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP
Mohamed Salah has grown to be one of the best-ever players in the Premier League. After a failed stint with Chelsea, Salah went to AS Roma to make something out of his career.
He was then bought by Liverpool and has gone on to break record after record.
1. Top scoring African in the Premier League
Salah recently surpassed Didier Drogba’s record of 104 goals in English’s top flight. Drogba shined during his time at Chelsea, but Salah eclipsed that record on his way to winning last season’s Golden Boot.
Mo Salah has surpassed Didier Drogba for most goal contributions by an African player in Premier League history.
… He did it in 72 less games 🤯 pic.twitter.com/rhMEzCEBYz
— ESPN FC (@ESPNFC) February 23, 2022
2. Most Player of the Month awards in a single season
Salah made history during the 2017/2018 season when he became the first player to win three Player of the Month awards in a single season.
3. Most goals by a Liverpool player in the debut season
He scored 44 goals in all competitions during his first season at Anfield, beating the previous record of Fernando Torres by 11 goals.
- All-time record for the most number of goals scored in a Premier League season Salah took his goalscoring prowess to new heights in the Premier League season of 2017/2018 by scoring 32 goals.
Mohamed Salah has been directly involved in at least 28 more Premier League goals than any other player since joining Liverpool in 2017/18. 👑 pic.twitter.com/SeRVI9McLB
— Squawka (@Squawka) June 1, 2022
5. Fewest games to reach 100 goal contributions mark by a non-European player
The former AS Roma man grabbed 100 goal involvements in 116 appearances. This made him break Sergio Aguero’s record of 118 appearances.